31 December 2008

Photograph in the Field

This semester I was in a class that consisted of shooting at an assigned location (and one independent assignment) for 6 hours every other Saturday.

Here are some of my favorites:


Sacramento: This guy was working at the True Love Coffeehouse, my favorite place in Sacramento. He was really chill and gave me a discount on my coffee since they only took cash and I didn't have enough.


Santa Cruz: This was one of the hardest places to shoot, believe it or not. As one of my classmates put it: "There's a lot to photograph, but none of it is interesting."


Rio Vista Bass Festival: We were supposed to be photographing the Bass Festival, but none of us could figure out where exactly the bass fishing was taking place, so nobody shot it.


Discovery Park: We were supposed to go to the Consumes River Preserve, but I got sick that day, so I went to the Discovery Park in Sacramento instead. I rode my bike 14 miles that day and I never want to do it again.


San Francisco: SF was our last assigned location and I couldn't have loved it better. The day was foggy and misty like a typical San Francisco day and it was perfect. Out of my group I think I was the only one who thoroughly enjoyed myself while there.


Cedar City, UT: Our last assignment was a self-assignment. I chose to shoot in Cedar City, UT while visiting my parents over Thanksgiving break. I definitely feel like a struck up something good with this shoot and I'm going to shoot more of it while I'm here for winter break.

No comments:

Post a Comment